Arsenal news updates: Mesut Ozil to Manchester United claim, Spurs hijack, Sanchez transfer update...
ARSENAL news is coming thick and fast and sportskicker is on hand to bring you all the latest updates from the Emirates.
Ozil will join Manchester United - Hislop
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil will become a Manchester United player but not until the end of the season, according to ESPN FC pundit and former West Ham goalkeeper Shaka Hislop.
Gunners boss Arsene Wenger says neither Mesut Ozil or fellow contract rebel Alexis Sanchez will be allowed to leave next month.
But Hislop reckons a deal will happen, and believes United will get the 29-year-old for free in the summer.
“This has been going on for quite some time,” Hislop said of Manchester United’s Ozil interest.
“I think there is a chance (of it happening). I actually don’t think it happens in January. But I’ll put it down as a chance and say it happens.”
Barcelona have also been linked with a move for Ozil in recent weeks.
However, reports from Spain claim Ozil would prefer a move to Old Trafford over a return to La Liga with Barca.
Jann-Fiete Arp battle intensifies
Arsenal have been joined by Tottenham and Everton in the battle to sign Hamburg teenager Jann-Fiete Arp, reports claim.
The teenager wracked up seven goals in just three appearances at youth level this term, and has made eight Bundesliga appearances for the senior side - netting on two occasions.
His exploits have seen him linked with various clubs throughout Europe, including Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.
But the Premier League trio will now have to fend-off interest from Everton and Spurs, according to the Mirror.
Merson: Ozil and Sanchez will leave
Arsenal legend Paul Merson says Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil will leave the club, because they are “doing nothing”.
The duo are both out of contract at the end of the season with Manchester United, Barcelona, Manchester City and Paris St-Germain monitoring the situation.
And Merson thinks their departures is an inevitability: “I don't know where Arsenal are going.
“I have said before that Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil will probably stay but now I think they have to go because they are doing nothing.”




Comments
Post a Comment